Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Ballad Of John and Joe II

What is the strange appeal of John McCain to the average Joe or Jane? McCain is a son and husband of privilege; Jane and Joe are working class folks generally making less than $50K per year. Somehow, McCain and the GOP have convinced the estimable J&J that they will be come rich like John and own many houses if only they will support John and the GOP. The fact is that since Ronald Reagan, the working class has gotten screwed and the Upper 1% have added to their winnings. McCain and Palin lie to us how things will be better if only we will trust them. Since 1980 we have trusted the GOP and its ally Bill Clinton and all we have gotten is an increase in the depth and duration of that red hot poker up our wazoos. I am not convinced that Barack Obama can make that poker instantly disappear, but at least he would appoint no Scalias, Thomases, Alitos or Robertses to the Supreme Court. McCain can only make things worse!

1 comment:

aguablanco said...

Whoa there big fella! You're talking about my man John. Show some respect! So what if I do make less
than 50K a year?! I support my wife, my girlfriend,
my six kids (that I know of), my three dogs (pitbulls of course), my trailer park rent (I own the rig) and still have enough left over for a half-rack o' Bud! Hell I'm
livin' the Merican Dream!