Friday, November 6, 2009

Number 27

I did not write the following quoted comments about the Yankees (David Schoenfield of ESPN.com wrote it on November 5, 2009; see the Page 2 section). I just had to present it here for the Red Sox fan from the West Brookfield, MA area who gave me such a ration of effluent back in the spring. Since I could not have said it better, here are David's words:

“Remember back on May 12 when they were 15-17 and 6½ games out of first place? You were mocking them at the time, weren't you? You know you were. So, if you hate the Yankees, it's probably your fault they won. They took that mocking and spit it right back in your face.”

As I am fond of saying to Red Sox fans, "Talk to me in October." I saluted you and the Red Sox in October 2004 (especially that year!) and October 2007. I am listening...but there is no real need to say anything. You spoke volumes in the spring!

No comments: